Thank you for choosing to book your holiday accommodation with Forbes Stynes Real Estate. Please read & familiarise yourself with the information below to ensure your stay is enjoyable. These terms are for bookings made directly.
Forbes Stynes Real Estate PTY LTD operates under the sub-trading names of, Thredbo Ski Accommodation, Ski-In-Ski-Out Chalets & Jindabyne Ski Accommodation. These may be referred to by the below references for the remainder of this document.
- FSRE – Forbes Stynes Real Estate
- TSA – Thredbo Ski Accommodation
- SISO – Ski-In-Ski-Out Chalets
- JSA – Jindabyne Ski Accommodation
Forbes Stynes Real Estate is a private real estate agency operating primarily in the Snowy-Monaro region. FSRE is not responsible for or bound in any way by Kosciuszko Thredbo PTY LTD or Perisher Ski Resorts operations, lift operations, seasonal activity operations, leisure centre operations, events schedule, or ticket sales. FSRE is not responsible for or bound in any way by Kosciuszko National Parks operations.
All bookings are made & accepted on the basis that you have read, understood, and agree to abide by and be bound by this Disclaimer and the following Payment Terms, Cancelation Policy, Terms & Conditions, and Guest Registration/Security Deposits information.
New bookings outside 60-days before arrival: 20% non-refundable deposit payable.
New Bookings inside 60-days before arrival: 100% deposit payable.
- A non-refundable 20% deposit is required when booking. The deposit is required instantly when payment is made via a credit card or remittance of a bank transfer within 24 hours.
- If the booking is created within 60-days of arrival date, then the full amount is due at the time of booking.
- The booking will be unconfirmed until a 20% deposit has been received. Payment of the full remaining balance is due 60-days before arrival. Failure to provide the remaining balance on the due date may result in the booking being cancelled. FSRE reserve the right to charge the full remaining balance due within 60-days to the credit card previously provided.
- If any additional booking fees or administrative fees were payable, these are included in the total.
- Deposit or 60-day remaining payments must be made in full. Payment must be made by or clearly referenced to the person whose full name the booking is in.
- When payment is made by direct transfer the payee must include the full name of the booking or the booking reference number in the transfer reference field and if possible, the arrival date.
- We use automated emailing and SMS systems to remind you of final payments.
- Arrival information & access will not be provided until payment is received in full
- The Cancellation Policy will be charged per the Cancellation Fee’s set out in the Standard Cancellation Policy.
Payments can be made by the following options.
- By Credit Card (either online or over the phone)
Visa (accepted with a 0.9% surcharge)
Mastercard (accepted with a 0.9% surcharge)
Amex (not accepted)
Standard Cancellation Policy
If cancelling your booking you are subject to the below cancellation conditions, which will vary depending on the time remaining from the cancellation until the arrival date and the conditions under the cancellation.
Cancellations outside 60-days before arrival:
- The 20% non-refundable deposit will be withheld as the cancellation fee and no further payment is required.
- If the original payment made was larger than the 20% non-refundable deposit required, the additional payment amount above the 20% non-refundable deposit will be refunded less any credit card fees originally paid.
Cancellations inside 60-days before arrival:
- No refunds are issued for bookings cancelled within 60-days before arrival. Guest will forfeit the total amount that has been paid.
A refund will only be issued if the property is successfully rebooked for the same length of stay and dates as the original booking before cancellation. No refunds are issued for partial rebooking of the original booking length and dates. If the property is rebooked successfully under the above conditions the total amount paid will be refunded less any credit card fees originally paid.
Refunds under such conditions are only actioned after the successful rebooking has been completed in full (i.e., after the original departure date before cancellation).
The above rebooking conditions apply for cancellations outside or inside 60-days before arrival.
Cancellation of a booking must be in writing and must be received by FSRE via email to the same email address you received your original confirmation. Cancellation fees will be withheld on confirmed bookings per this policy.
Cancellations are not accepted for changes in your personal preferences to travel or group conditions.
- Credit Card Fees are non-refundable
- Refunds can only be issued back to the same payment method used originally
- Failure to make final payment on the payment due date may result in an automatic cancellation of the booking without notice and the Standard Cancellation Policy will apply.
- Final balance payments cannot be delayed to force a change or variation in the conditions of the Standard Cancelation Policy
- 20% non-refundable deposits cannot be transferred or held towards future bookings or different properties.
Date Changes & Property Changes
Date changes & property changes will only be allowed when the request is made outside 60-days before the arrival date and will be subject to an additional $150.00 amendment fee being added to the total of the new booking. Any requested move less than 60 days before arrival will be treated as a standard cancellation per the standard cancellation policy.
No-Show & Non-Arrivals
Refunds will not be issued or given to any booking which fails to arrive on the nominated arrival date, or any portion of the booking which is not used from an early departure.
Variation to Standard Cancellation Policy (Currently COVID-19 Policy)
We advise you to familiarise yourself with the below information before confirming your booking in the uncertain times which have recently been highlighted by severe bushfires and the global pandemic.
Bookings will only be eligible to receive a variation to the standard cancellation policy under one of the following conditions:
- A Government imposed non-travel restriction in our area/region or the documented primary guests’ area/region, or
- A Government imposed border closure, or
- A Government-issued or certified advisory to isolate due to COVID-19, or
- Extreme weather events or natural disasters causing the property to be completely inaccessible for more than 48 hours
The above condition will need to be officially documented on relevant State Government advisory sites which affect the arrival date of the booking. News headlines or press conferences will not an accepted until this information is delivered via officially documented channels.
Returning home quarantine restrictions will not be accepted if these affect your travel options after your booking has commenced or is completed. This information relates to the ability to travel and arrive at your booking.
If one of the above conditions is met:
The 20% non-refundable deposit will be withheld as the cancellation fee. The remaining balance will be refunded less any credit card fees originally paid.
i.e. (total payment) less (credit card fees) less (20% non-refundable deposit) equals (your refund)
Please note that any new booking made after 04/10/2021 is no longer eligible for a future booking credit and is only eligible for the above partial refund.
FSRE strongly recommends travel insurance. Caution and consideration need to be given to our standard cancellation policy, injury, delayed flights, illness, global pandemics, and any political uncertainty. The Snowy Monaro region is in a dynamic environment which can experience extreme weather events in all seasons. National Park closures and road closures can happen. We do not refund for such occurrences, therefore travel insurance can be another option to safeguard yourself.
Online Travel *Agency Bookings (Airbnb, Booking.com, Expedia, Stayz)
Once your booking or request to book is confirmed with the online travel *agency used, you will traditionally receive the remainder of the information via email or SMS from our regular booking system. While you do not have to communicate outside of your chosen booking platform, it will make the relay of information for your visit much easier to communicate with us directly via email.
Your booking is bound only by the full policy listed on the online travel *agency site with which you have used to make the booking and may not be subject to any of the additional information listed in these full terms and conditions.
All bookings that are made using these online travel *agency sites have a 14-20% commission that is removed from the payout received by FSRE by the online travel *agency for your booking.
We are unable to refund any 3rd party commissions charged or withheld. If any condition is agreed upon for a partial refund, we are still unable to refund any 3rd party commissions charged or withheld.
Full Booking Terms & Conditions
Check-In Time Starts: 4:00 pm
Check-Out Time: 10:00 am
Do not plan to arrive at the property earlier than this available time. Entry is via door codes which will be provided on the day of arrival via either SMS or voice call to the mobile number on the booking.
- In providing booking services FSRE act as an agent for various property owners and does not accept or undertake any personal liability when acting in this capacity.
- Premises are let for holiday purposes only for the period stated in your confirmation/receipt by FSRE but may be subject to change as may be notified by the owner before the commencement of the booking. All advance deposits are accepted on behalf of the current owner; however, we will not accept responsibility for decisions, actions or arrangements taken by the current owners of the premises or any other body which is outside our control.
- FSRE reserve the right to cancel any booking should anything arise, which in our opinion renders the booking impractical. In either event, we shall notify you as soon as possible and do our best to arrange alternative accommodation or alternative suitable dates. If suitable alternatives cannot be arranged, all deposit monies paid will be refunded, but no other claim, right or action shall exist in or be made by either party.
- The owner will make every effort to ensure the property is available as advertised & booked. However, the owner reserves the right to make alterations to bookings due to unforeseen circumstances. FSRE does not accept responsibility for actions taken by property owners outside of our control and we, therefore, reserve the right to cancel bookings at the instruction of an owner. Bookings cancelled at the discretion of an owner will be notified to guests immediately. If possible, FSRE will secure alternative accommodation for the guest, however, if this is not possible all deposit monies paid will be refunded in full. Bookings are taken by the agent for the current owner. If the property is sold, we cannot guarantee that the new owner will continue to make the property available.
- The premises are available from 4.00 pm on the day of arrival and are to be vacated at 10.00 am on the day of departure. Do not plan to arrive at the property earlier than this available time – access will be denied. The purpose of these strict times is to allow the necessary time to clean the premises. Please consider your fellow incoming/outgoing holiday occupants. We cannot allow access for the storage of refrigerated items before arrival is advised as ready. PLEASE DO NOT ASK, AS WE DO NOT WISH TO OFFEND.
- No pets are allowed. You cannot bring a pet into any NSW National Park or other land reserved or acquired under the National Parks and Wildlife Act 1974 (NPW Act). Assistance animals may accompany you providing that this is specified & confirmed with FSRE before booking and all documentation is provided to confirm that it is an assistance animal.
- The maximum number of persons permitted to occupy the booked premises will form part of the booking contract and will be nominated when you make your booking. Persons found occupying the premises over and above the number on the booking form will be charged automatically the full security deposit and an additional $500 a day for the term of the booking.
- Any & all damage, breakages, or losses to the property and/or furniture/furnishings are to be reported to FSRE and paid for immediately. Furniture is not to be moved or removed and all furnishings and equipment must be left on the premises as originally found.
- All accommodation is for residential purposes only. Functions and parties on the premises are strictly not allowed. Strata By-laws, Council Regulations and National Park Regulations must be complied with. We ask that full consideration be given to other guests concerning noise, parking and other issues that affect the peaceful enjoyment of others. FSRE reserves the right to terminate your tenancy immediately if you cause nuisance or annoyance to neighbours or are found to be holding a function or party.
- Unless stated within the property description, all premises are fully self-contained including linen i.e., sheets, pillowcases, towels, bathmats, tea towels. A small Starter-Pack (detergent/soap/toilet paper etc.) is supplied once on arrival. Additional items to the Starter-Pack will not be replenished and will need to be purchased by the guest.
- Lost Property: No responsibility is taken for a guest’s personal property left on the premises. Items left on the property will be kept for a maximum of 7 days and then disposed of. If you require items to be returned to you, the cost of pre-paid postage + administration fee will be charged before postage. Items must be of a reasonable requestable size before locating or posting.
- With telephone or email bookings, any printed, written, or verbal description of our policies or the property by the agent or an employee is made in good faith. No responsibility for discrepancies in descriptions will be accepted. Please choose your property carefully using the information provided on our comprehensive websites (providing description and photographs). There is no provision to change properties on your arrival if you are unhappy with your choice.
- Guests are responsible for the safekeeping and replacement of any accommodation keys, keycode reprogramming or garage door openers. Duplicate keys are not always available. Guests requiring an additional key or access assistance after office hours will be charged a service fee call out of $100.00 per hour. All keys or garage door openers are to be returned to their original location within the unit. The cost of any lost or replacement key’s, locks or locksmith callouts will be the responsibility of the occupant and charged per the security deposit.
- You are required to allow a repair and or service personnel to enter the premises to conduct any repair or service deemed necessary by FSRE. Such times of entering will be arranged prior where possible and will be between the hours of 8.30 am and 5:00 pm unless, in the opinion of FSRE, an emergency could exist or arise outside these times.
- Car parking spaces or carports are usually numbered and are limited strictly to the amount listed. Extra vehicles, trailers, boats etc. are not to be parked outside the property grounds and neighbouring property car spaces are not to be used. In Thredbo Village: the overnight car parking spaces in the village will need to be used.
- In the event of renovation/building work being carried out in or near the holiday premises, such work is beyond our control, and we cannot accept responsibility for any disturbance, noise or inconvenience you may suffer as a result. No discount will be negotiated for any of the above.
- We are in a regional area and the repair and replacement of some items in properties cannot always be carried out promptly. No refunds or compensation will be issued for an item or appliance that becomes unusable throughout your visit.
- FSRE participate in the Bad Books program and internal guest communication register. The Bad Books register is a database of guests who have breached the Terms & Conditions of the booking, damaged property or indulged in inappropriate behaviour. By accepting this booking, you agree that FSRE can disclose this information to other accommodation providers that participate in Bad Books.
- FSRE will not accept rude or offensive language or behaviour at any time being used in conversation (in person, phone, or email) with our direct staff, contractors, or other guests. Any incidents of this may result in a cease in communication, immediate cancellation of bookings without resolution, or the full charge of the security deposit.
- All funds taken are held in a licenced real estate trust account under the Property and Stock Agents Act 2002. Those funds cannot be used for any purpose other than for that client and must be disbursed as the client directs. The client refers to the property owner in this instance.
- These terms and conditions may be varied at any time without notice. Guests should always refer to our website for current terms and conditions.
Guest Registration & Security Deposits
All bookings are accepted on the basis that the utmost care and consideration are given to the premises and neighbouring occupiers by the holiday occupant.
Security deposits (by way of a completed Guest Registration Form and credit card pre-authorisation) apply on all properties and an Online Guest Check-In/Guest Registration is required to be completed digitally in full and returned before occupation is allowed.
The online guest check-in requires a digit upload of an officially issued photographic identification (drivers’ licence or passport) and full credit card details to be provided again, even if already provided at the time of original booking. We operate a contactless check-in and check-out procedure, and we require this information to be provided via the secure online platform provided.
These details will be emailed to you again before arrival and are available via the link included in confirmation emails so that they can be completed early in the booking process.
FSRE reserves the right to process a Security Deposit of an amount between $1000.00 – $2000.00 to the nominated card at any time before arrival or throughout the reservation through a Credit Card Pre-Authorization. The security deposit will vary between properties between the above-listed amount.
FSRE reserves the right to process a claim on the security deposit including but not limited to:
- The property requires any unusual & extra cleaning over & above a normal clean, including unwashed dishes & dishwasher not emptied, BBQ not cleaned,
- Any damage has occurred to the property that was not advised of earlier,
- Requesting a service call out that is found to be not required,
- The property is left unsecured resulting in any loss/damage,
- Removal of excess rubbish left at the property,
- Replacement or repair of furniture that has been moved from its original location,
- Penalty for being in breach of tenancy for overcrowding of the property,
All properties have detailed inventory reports and have been photographed by the owner and agent for layout purposes and confirmation of fixtures & fittings.
COVID-19 cleaning information
FSRE and our preferred contract cleaners have taken all necessary measures to ensure the cleaning of our properties are up to current Government Regulations and are safe upon your arrival. As well as the COVID cleaning procedure we have introduced some additional measures to make sure the properties are sanitised thoroughly. We trust that you have read and understood the above information. Please contact us directly if any clarification is required.
We hope you enjoy your visit to The Snowy Mountains.
Previous Policy Reference
Terms & Conditions (valid 19-07-2021 through 04-10-2021)
Terms & Conditions (valid 12-11-2020 through 19-07-2021)