Holiday Accommodation - TERMS & CONDITIONS as at 20/01/2020
Thank you for choosing to book your holiday accommodation with Thredbo Ski Accommodation, please read & familiarize yourself with the information below to ensure your stay is enjoyable.
All bookings are accepted on the basis that you have read, understood and agree to abide and be bound, by the following Terms & Conditions, Cancellation Policy and House Rules. All holiday accommodation properties are SMOKE-FREE without exception. Please contact a consultant if you require any further clarification.
Check In Time: 4:00pm Check Out Time: 10:00am
Entry is via door codes which will be provided on the day of arrival via SMS or voice call to the mobile number on the booking form.
1. In providing booking services Thredbo Ski Accommodation (known in short as TSA - BN 98480903) act as an agent for various property owners and TSA does not accept or undertake any personal liability when acting in this capacity.
2. Premises are let for holiday purposes only for the period stated in your confirmation/receipt by TSA but may be subject to change as may be notified by the owner before the commencement of the booking. All advance deposits are accepted on behalf of the current owner, however, we will not accept responsibility for decisions, actions or arrangements taken by the current owners of the premises or any other body which is outside our control.
3. TSA reserve the right to cancel any booking should anything arise, which in our opinion absolutely renders the booking impractical. In either event, we shall notify you as soon a possible and do our best to arrange alternative accommodation or alternative dates suitable, failing which all deposit monies paid will be refunded, but no other claim, right or action shall exist in or be made by either party.
4. The premises are available from 4.00 pm on the day of arrival and are to be vacated at 10.00 am SHARP on the day of departure. Do not plan to arrive at the property earlier than this available time. The purpose of these strict times is to allow the necessary time to clean the premises. Please consider your fellow incoming/outgoing holiday occupants. We cannot allow access for the storage of refrigerated items before 4:00 pm. PLEASE DO NOT ASK, AS WE DO NOT WISH TO OFFEND.
5. No pets are allowed. You cannot bring a pet into a national park or other land reserved or acquired under the National Parks and Wildlife Act 1974 (NPW Act). Assistance animals may accompany you providing that this is specified & confirmed with TSA before booking accompanied by reasonable proof that it is an assistance animal.
6. The maximum number of persons permitted to occupy the booked premises will form part of the booking contract and will be nominated when you make your booking. Persons found occupying the premises over and above the number on the booking form will be charged automatically to the security deposit at $500 a day for the term of the booking.
7. Any & all damage, breakages or losses to the property and/or furniture/furnishings are to be reported to TSA and paid for immediately. Furniture is not to be moved and all furnishings and equipment must be left on the premises as originally found.
8. All accommodation is for residential purposes only. Functions and parties on the premises are strictly not allowed. Strata By-laws, Council Regulations and National Park Regulations must be complied with. We ask that consideration be given to other guests with respect to noise, parking and other issues that affect the peaceful enjoyment of others. TSA reserves the right to terminate your tenancy immediately if you cause nuisance or annoyance to neighbours or are found to be holding a function or party.
9. Unless stated within the property description, all premises are fully self-contained including linen i.e. sheets, pillowcases, towels, bath mats, tea towels. A small Starter-Pack (detergent/soap/toilet paper etc) is supplied once on arrival if the property features kitchen and bathroom facilities. Additional items to the Started-Pack will not be replenished and will need to be purchased by the guest.
10. Lost Property: No responsibility is taken for guest’s personal property left on the premises. Items left on the property will be kept for a maximum of 7 days and then disposed of. If you require items to be returned to you, the cost of pre-paid postage + administration fee will be charged before postage. Items must be of a reasonable requestable size before locating or posting.
11. With telephone or postal bookings, any printed, written or verbal description of the premises by the agent or an employee is made in good faith. No responsibility for discrepancies in descriptions will be accepted. Please choose your property carefully using the information provided on our comprehensive websites (descriptions and photographs). There is no provision to change properties on your arrival if you are unhappy with your choice.
12. Guests are responsible for the safekeeping and replacement of any accommodation keys or garage door openers. Duplicate keys are not always available. Guests requiring an additional key from TSA after office hours will be charged a service fee of $55.00. All keys or garage door openers are to be returned to their original location within the unit. The cost of any lost or replacement key’s, locks or locksmith callouts will be the responsibility of the occupant.
13. You are required to allow repair and or service personnel to enter the premises to conduct any repair or service deemed necessary by TSA. Such times of entering will be arranged prior where possible and will be between the hours of 8.30 am and 5:00 pm unless, in the opinion of TSA, an emergency situation could exist or arise outside these times.
14. In the case of apartments, units and villas, car parking spaces or carports are usually numbered and are limited to the amount listed. Extra vehicles, boats, etc are to park outside the property grounds and neighbouring property car spaces are not to be used.
15. In the event of renovation/building work being carried out in or near the holiday premises, such work is beyond our control and we cannot accept responsibility for any disturbance, noise or inconvenience you may suffer as a result. No discount will be negotiated for any of the above.
16. TSA participate in the Bad Books program. The Bad Books register is a database of guests who have breached the Terms & Conditions of the booking, damaged property or indulged in inappropriate behaviour. By accepting this booking you agree that TSA can disclose this information to other accommodation providers that participate in Bad Books.
Payments can be made by the following options
1. Pay securely online at anytime.
2. By direct deposit.
3. By calling our office to make payment
Please note we accept Visa and Mastercard only and there is a 1.3% surcharge on credit card payments.
A deposit of 50% of the total accommodation cost + a $55 booking fee must be received within 3 working days of the reservation being made before a reservation can be confirmed. Failure to do this may result in the reservation being automatically cancelled without notice.
Final payment of the remaining 50% of the total accommodation cost must be received no later than 60 days before the arrival date. Failure to make the final payment on time will result in the booking being automatically cancelled without notice. Payment must be made in full, no part payments can be accepted and the payment must be made by the person whose name the booking is in. When payment is made by direct transfer the payee must include the name of the booking in the details and if possible dates of booking or booking reference number.
Cancellation fees will be charged per the Cancellation Policy set out below. If the date on which the reservation is made or the date on which the deposit is otherwise due, is less than 60 days before the arrival date, immediate payment in full of the total booking cost is required at the time of making the reservation unless otherwise notified to you at the time the reservation is made.
Guest Registration/Security Deposits
All bookings are accepted on the basis that the utmost care and consideration are given to the premises and neighbouring occupiers by the holiday occupant.
Security deposits (by way of a Guest registration form) apply on all properties and a Guest Registration Form is required to be completed successfully in full and returned via email or faxed to (02) 6457 1063 before occupation is allowed. The Guest Registration Form will be emailed to you before arrival and is always available via the link included in confirmation emails so that it can be completed early in the booking process.
TSA reserves the right to process a claim on the security deposit if:
• The property requires extra cleaning, including unwashed dishes & dishwasher not emptied
• BBQ not clean
• Damage has occurred to the property
• Requesting a service call that is found to be not required
• The property is left unsecured resulting in loss/damage
• Removal of excess rubbish left at the property will incur a charge of $50 to your credit card
• Replacement of furniture that has been moved from its original place
• Penalty for being in breach of tenancy for overcrowding the property
TSA reserves the right to charge a $75 amendment fee for booking changes. An amendment to your bookings is possible where one date of the booking remains the same. In the event you wish to vary the booking by changing to different premises this will be treated as a cancellation unless TSA can re-let the premises for the same duration as your original booking.
TSA strongly recommends travel insurance. Consideration needs to be given to our cancellation policy, injury, delayed flights, illness etc. Thredbo is located in a dynamic environment which can experience extreme weather events in all seasons. National Park closures and road closures can happen. We do not refund for such occurrences, therefore travel insurance is your only safeguard.
Cancellation of a booking must be in writing and must be received by TSA via Fax: (02) 6457 1063 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Cancellation fees will be charged on confirmed bookings in accordance with the following Cancellation Policy. Failure to make final payment on the payment due date may result in an automatic cancellation of the booking without notice and the following Cancellation Policy will also apply.
Deposits cannot be transferred between properties & generally will not be refunded or applied towards payments for any other properties.
If cancelling your booking you are subject to the below cancellation penalties, which will vary depending on the time remaining from the cancellation until the arrival date.
Cancellations more than 90 days before arrival: A refund of the deposit paid (50% + booking fee) less a $110.00 Administration Fee will be issued.
Cancellations 90-60 days before arrival: Will forfeit the total deposit paid (50% + booking fee) unless the property can be rebooked. No refunds unless the below conditions can be met.
If the property can be rebooked by TSA, a refund of the deposit paid (50% + booking fee) less a $110.00 Administration Fee will be issued. The property will need to be rebooked for the same length of stay as the original for this condition to apply.
Cancellations 60-0 days before arrival: Will forfeit the total balance paid (100% + booking fee) unless the property can be rebooked. No refunds unless the below conditions can be met.
If the property can be rebooked by TSA, a refund of the balance paid (100% + booking fee) less a $110.00 Administration Fee will be issued. The property will need to be rebooked for the same length of stay as the original for this condition to apply.
*Credit Card Fees are non-refundable.
**Unforeseen Road Closures or National Park operational issues including but not limited to travel advisories, extreme weather events, snow, fire or natural disasters may mean that the reservation cannot be accessed or provided. In this instance, bookings will be moved/credited towards a booking at a later date, subject to rates and availability of new dates. Moving/crediting bookings in this instance can be utilized for a period of 12 months from the original arrival date.
We trust that you have read the Terms & Conditions of your holiday letting thoroughly.